What is TIME?
TIME is a community-based exercise program for people with a range of neuromuscular conditions such as stroke, multiple sclerosis or acquired brain injury. Anyone with a neuromuscular condition who can walk at least 10 metres, with or without a walking aid (walker, cane, etc.), is encouraged to participate.
Supervised by qualified & trained fitness staff, weekly classes are 60 minutes in length and include:
- Circuit-based instruction focusing on strength, balance, coordination and endurance
- Resistance training with therabands, weights and body weight movements
- Seated warm-ups and cool downs involving flexibility and relaxation stretches
- Weekly progression through appropriate levels of difficulty
Benefits of TIME
- Improve or maintain your mobility
- Decrease the risk of falls by improving your balance and strength
- Receive social support by meeting people with similar conditions
- Improve your quality of life and general fitness level
- Receive safe and knowledgeable instruction through a 1:4 instructor -to -participant ratio
The BWG Leisure Centre meets all of the requirements required by the Ontario Building Code (OBC) & the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
FREE with Fitness Membership
NEW courses offered monthly
The Physician Referral Form (below) must be completed by your referring doctor or healthcare specialist. Once completed and signed, please return it to the Customer Service Desk to finalize your registration.
For more information contact:
Stephanie Uren, Fitness Supervisor
905-775-7529 ext. 8601