BWG Leisure Centre Opening:
Frequently Asked Questions
We are excited to re-open and want to ensure that we are doing so in a safe and organized manner to protect all participants and staff. With this comes some changes to our normal operations. Please review the information below carefully. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-775-7529 ext. 6007.
Fitness Centre Temporary Hours of Operation for Pre-Booking Use ONLY
Monday-Friday – 6:00 am-8:00 pm
Saturday-Sunday – 8:00 am-5:00 pm
*program spaces will be available for booking with cleaning time in between
What is Available?
The following activities will be available for use, by PRE-BOOKING ONLY
- Fitness Strength
- Fitness Cardio Equipment & Track
- Personal Training
- Select In-person Group Fitness Classes
What is NOT Available
- Aquatic Centre
- Steam Room
- Fitness Studio
- Child Minding
- Change rooms
- Phone for public use
What are the fees?
As part of our re-opening plan, and in order to recognize the limited capacity of some programming, we have temporarily reduced drop-in & membership fees.
COVID Fitness drop-ins fees will be:
Adult – $6
Youth/Seniors – $5
COVID Fitness Monthly Membership fees will be:
Adult – $30 +HST
Youth – $19 +HST
Senior – $24 +HST
COVID Memberships are available to purchase online HERE.
All previous fitness memberships (both monthly & annual) remain on hold during this time. Special COVID memberships will need to be purchased to access these rates.
Any requests for cancellations or refunds from previous memberships should be directed to email@example.com.
How do I enter the building?
All users of the BWG Leisure Centre will enter the facility at the southeast doors (doors closest to parking lot). Please follow signs at entry.
All users entering the building must wear a face covering, as required by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
Patrons will be asked to line-up no more than 10 minutes before their pre-booked time slot.
As users enter the facility they will need to confirm their completed prescreening online (during the registration process).
Please use the hand sanitizer provided at entry.
How do I book space/time?
All activities will only be available by pre-booking only for 1 hour blocks. Spaces available for pre-booking are available online to view HERE.
Time slots will be available to book 48 hours ahead of time. Participants can withdraw up to 2 hours before the activity start.
Payment is due upon booking. All users MUST have a BWG Leisure Centre account in order to pre-book space.
If online booking is not possible for you, please call the BWG Leisure Centre during our hours of operation to book a space with a Customer Service Representative at 905-775-7529 ext. 6007. Please be patient with us, you may need to leave a message for a callback.
How do I pay?
The preferred method of payment is online through credit card, directly while booking.
For those wishing to pay with debit card or cash, you can visit the Leisure Centre ahead of time (please call ahead to make an appointment) and pre-load your BWG Leisure Centre account to allow you to proceed with online booking. Please note you will be required to complete a pre-screening prior to entry into the facility.
How are you keeping me safe?
We recognize that this pandemic has been difficult and scary, and while we are still not out of it we want to be able to offer you recreational opportunities in a healthy and safe manner. We’ve taken a number of additional precautions to ensure that all staff and participants are safe when they use our facility.
We are committed to keeping you safe and are taking the following steps to reduce the risk of COVID-19:
- We are providing extra training for staff and education for patrons.
- All patrons and staff are screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entry to the building.
- We are limiting staff and visitors from coming into the facility.
- We have increased the hand sanitization station throughout the facility.
- In areas where line-ups occur, we have marked out the floor to ensure physical distancing.
- Plexiglass protective screens have been installed at the customer service desk to protect patrons and staff.
- We are currently offering modified programs and activities to ensure physical distancing is achieved.
- We have reduced the numbers in each program space to allow for physical distancing.
- We have increased our cleaning protocols and frequency. Program time slots have been staggered to allow for full cleaning of all areas in between uses.
- Equipment has been moved or modified to ensure physical distancing.
- We are staying up-to-date with the latest information from Simcoe Muskoka Public Health Unit.
For full details, please visit www.bwgleisurecentre.ca/safety
Please Note: Limited access to the building
Only patrons who have pre-booked space will be permitted into the facility. All users must complete a self prescreening online prior to attending the facility, or directly upon entry. In the event someone else does need to enter the building, the patron will also need to complete the prescreening.