October 20, 2021
Beginning Friday, October 22 the BWG Leisure Centre and Bob Fallis Sports Centre will begin to accept the new enhanced vaccine certificates with QR codes upon entry. Access Attendants will have smartphones to be able to scan patrons QR codes upon entry to the facility. Patrons must still continue to show a piece of identification with their name and date of birth along with their proof of vaccination when entering.
The old vaccine receipts are still an acceptable form of proof of vaccination and both electronic and paper versions of both vaccine receipts and QR codes will be accepted.
Enhanced vaccine certificates with official QR codes are available for download from the COVID-19 vaccination portal.
Individuals can also call the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900 to have their enhanced vaccine certificate emailed or mailed to them.
You can save the electronic version of your vaccine certificate with a QR code to your phone or print a paper copy.
September 16, 2021
In compliance with the order of the provincial government, as of Wednesday, September 22, all individuals entering the BWG Leisure Centre and Bob Fallis Sports Centre will be required to present proof of vaccination in order to gain access to the facility.
What you will be required to do:
- Present the access attendant at the entrance with proof of your second dose of vaccination (received a minimum of 14 days prior) accompanied with identification.
- Proof of vaccination can be either a paper or digital copy. How can I get my proof of vaccination?
- Acceptable ID documents are a birth certificate, citizenship card, driver’s licence, government-issued identification card, including a health card, Status Card or Indigenous membership card, passport, permanent resident card.
- Participants who are participating in drop-in activities must still pre-book their time online
- All participants entering the facility must still complete the pre-screening
This applies to:
- All individuals 12 years of age and older (including spectators, parents & guardians of program participants, and coaches/trainers/officials)
- The following activities and areas: Fitness Centre (strength training room, cardio area, fitness classes, personal training), drop-in swimming activities, leisure skating, and arena ice rentals.
This does not apply to:
- Those with applicable medical exemption with a signed doctor’s certificate that includes an approved reason for not requiring the vaccination will also be admitted.
- Participants in youth recreation sports which includes: hockey, figure skating, basketball, volleyball, pickleball, badminton, aquatic leadership courses and swimming lessons (up to and including participants who are 17 years of age).
Individuals who have memberships or paid for drop-in bookings or registered programs who cannot produce the necessary documentation will not be permitted to enter the facility. Credits or refunds will be issued.
For more information on the Province of Ontario’s Vaccine mandate: Frequently Asked Questions